Our Hospice Careers
Join The Our Hospice Team
If you’re passionate about making a real difference in people’s lives, you’ve come to the right place. We are always on the lookout for compassionate, dedicated professionals to join our interdisciplinary team. Here, you won’t just find a job; you’ll embark on a fulfilling career, helping to ensure quality end-of-life care for our community. Explore our current job openings below and take the first step towards a rewarding journey with us
Patient Care Positions
Our Hospice is hiring a Registered Nurse Case Manager (RNCM) for our Greensburg, IN and Columbus, IN team. This person works with a caseload of patients and the help of Nurse Practitioners Physicians, Aides, Chaplains, and Social Workers. Our patients and families are in the most important time of their life and need a skilled nurse to help navigate their pathway. In this position, every day is a little different and you are on the go visiting patients in your community. his role will work Monday-Friday, 2 holidays per year, and on-call weekend rotation as needed. The hours are 8 am – 4:30 pm, with some flexibility on start time; on-call as needed. Pay: $35/hr
- Columbus Service Area (Johnson, Brown, Bartholomew, Jackson, Scott and Clark Counties)
- Greensburg Service Area (Shelby, Decatur, Rush and Franklin Counties)
An RNCM at Our Hospice will:
- Make routine Hospice nursing visits as assigned to patients in the home, extended care facilities, assisted living facilities, and hospitals. Complete assessment of the patient/family needs including physical, emotional, and bereavement status.
- Perform as case manager maintaining responsibility for assigned patients in a cost-effective and quality manner. Manages time, reimbursement of visits, pharmacy and medical supplies, and durable medical equipment.
- Teach, supervise and counsel patient/family care techniques including pain and symptom control, dietary instruction, use of equipment and observation techniques.
- Participate in on-call service to patient/family to insure availability on a 24 hour, seven day a week basis.
- Develop and implement the plan of care for each patient in collaboration with the patient, family and Interdisciplinary Group (IDG). Evaluate each patient/family as directed and makes appropriate changes to the plan of care.
- Communicate with and update other IDG team members as needed to coordinate and ensure quality care (e.g. Social Services, Home Health Aides, Volunteers, and Medical Director).
- Promote the Hospice benefit and provides education to all potential referring customers including but not limited to patients and family members, case managers, nursing facilities administrators and staff, physicians and physician office staff, and community groups.
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with the supervising organization’s policies and procedures in a timely manner (e.g. initial plan of care, comprehensive plan of care, and updates to the plan of care, daily documentation requirement, discharge summaries, death summaries).
An RNCM at Our Hospice Needs:
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in Nursing (ASN/BSN)
- Current Registered Nurse License in Indiana
- One to three years’ experience in health care preferred
- CPR Certified
- Driver’s License
- Interest and Ability in providing patient care in homes and facilities
Our Hospice is looking for a Social Worker. This person will be supporting hospice patients who are in the end of life phase, as well as supporting their families and caregivers. This position will be working throughout South Central Indiana. This role will be Monday-Friday, with an on-call rotation. A typical shift is 8 am – 4:30 pm, however we are flexible on hours.
A Social Worker at Our Hospice Will:
- Assist in the implementation, development and revisions of the plan of care through the development of problems, intervention, and goals.
- Provide services as indicated by the plan of care.
- Assist patient/family in locating simple legal forms (e.g. Living Will, out of hospital DNR, General Power of Attorney, Health Care Representative).
- Provide psychosocial assessments and psychological counseling for the following but not limited to: a) Patient/family adjustment to terminal illness, b) Individual counseling relating to: stress, anxiety, depression, self-esteem and feeling of inadequacy, c) Family counseling relating to social/emotional problems, d) In the coordination of services for hospice care including: environmental, equipment, temporary care services, long term care and community support agencies, e) Economic counseling to assist in receiving financial aid applications, f) Grief counseling.
- Record in patients chart diagnostically, appropriately, and promptly the social finds, impressions and plan of action in relations to medical social problems.
- Participate in quality assessment and performance improvement program and Hospice sponsored in-service training.
- Participate in Hospice team meetings that serve to coordinator the patient plan of care (IDG) and other team and organizational meetings that contribute to the accomplishment of strategic goals.
What a Social Worker at Our Hospice Needs:
- Bachelors of Social Work (BSW) required, Masters of Social Work (MSW) preferred
- Licensed Social Worker (LSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) preferred
- One year of social work experience in a hospital, hospice or home health setting
- Valid Indiana Driver’s License
- Reliable vehicle for home visits
Our Hospice is looking for an Accounts Payable & Payroll Coordinator. This person reports to the Controller. This position is Monday-Friday, 8 am – 4:30, with some flexibility on hours. The position is located in our Columbus, IN office. Pay range: $21/hr – $25/hr
This position is responsible for accounts payable and payroll processes. Duties include billing, invoices, vendor processes and payroll for company.
An Accounts Payable & Payroll Coordinator at Our Hospice Will:
- Administer salary and wage payroll procedures including maintenance of payroll records; compute and prepare payroll, ensuring accuracy and timely completion of payroll records
- Communicate with Human Resources department for completion of payroll or for any payroll issues
- Prepare post-payroll reports
- Create audit reports to verify the accuracy of the payroll run
- Review billing statements, invoices, and similar documents for accuracy; alert supervisory staff of any discrepancies
- Accurately code and process vendor invoices, check requests and expense reports on a daily basis
- Perform routine data entry for accounting records related to accounts payable
- Maintain a large number of vendor accounts while staying in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Review and reconcile invoice discrepancies
- Audit and process credit card bills
- Address and respond to vendor inquiries
- Perform monthly reconciliations
- Distribute accounting reports as directed
An Accounts Payable & Payroll Coordinator at Our Hospice Needs:
- Associates degree required; Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
Skills Needed for an Accounts Payable & Payroll Coordinator at Our Hospice:
- Minimum of 3 years payroll and/or Accounting experience
- ADP Payroll or other payroll software experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Pivot Table creation in Excel
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and record keeping
- Knowledge of basic financial concepts and principles
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks effectively
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Able to maintain professionalism and confidentiality in all settings
- Medical, Prescription, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)/Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short-term Disability
- Long-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Annual Uniform Stipend
- 401(k) Match up to 4%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee of the Quarter awarded by your peers
Patient Care Roles
- Shift premiums up to $5/hr
- Weekend and Holiday Premiums
- Monthly Phone Stipend
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Monday-Friday 5×8 Shifts
- 3×12 Hour Shifts
- Weekend Option Shifts