What if I need Inpatient Care?
Our Hospice Inpatient Facility: A Licensed Acute Care Facility for Hospice Patients
In January of 2004, the Our Hospice Inpatient Facility opened its doors. While the focus of Our Hospice is to provide care in the home, for some patients this is not always possible. The Our Hospice Inpatient Facility located in the Our Hospice Center in Columbus, Indiana is for those patients who need special care to manage an episode of acute pain or symptoms or patients whose family and/or caregiver may need a short break from caring for the patient. The facility offers a comfortable, homelike setting that is an alternative to a hospital, an assisted living or nursing facility.
- Who is eligible for the Our Hospice Inpatient Facility?
- Admission to the Inpatient Facility may occur if the patient needs more specialized care than can be given at home, nursing facility, assisted living facilities; or if the individual's caregiver needs temporary respite.
- Examples of conditions that may qualify for an admission to the Inpatient Facility are:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Heart failure
- Respiratory problems
- Anxiety or extreme restlessness
- What services are provided?
Our Hospice professionals and volunteers are specially trained and dedicated to providing skilled medical and supportive care. Services include:
- Private rooms
- 24 hour nursing care provided by Registered Nurses
- Home Health Aides to assist with personal care
- Consultation and visits by Our Hospice team professionals as needed: Physician, Social Worker, Chaplain, Dietitian, Therapist (physical, occupational, speech), Pharmacist
- Volunteers to support patient and family
- Pain and symptom control
- Patient/family education and instruction
- All meals provided
- Kitchenettes for families to use
- Chapel with a meditation garden
- Quiet outdoor spaces that includes a courtyard, the Serenity Garden, the Terrace Garden and private patios for each patient room
- Bereavement follow-up for 13 months
- Who pays for services?
- Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance companies pay for acute inpatient and respite care for Our Hospice patients.
- What is respite care?
- Respite care is available to patients whose family and/or caregiver may need a short break from caring for the patient.
- Who may visit the Inpatient Facility?
- Patients may have visitors at any time.
- Sleeping accommodations are available and are limited to two family members in the patient's room. However, families may continue to visit the patient throughout the night.
- Private tours are available by contacting the Our Hospice Center at 812.314.8053 or toll free 1.800.841.4938 ext. 8053, or by email at Stracey@crh.org.